1. Since the Plaza Hotel charges a vendor’s fee of $10 per table, we must pass this cost on to each vendor. Coordinate this with Bill McBride or Jerry O’Keefe in advance of the event. The total fee for the number of tables requested is payable to the Florida East Coast Bromeliad Society (FECBS) prior to the Extravaganza. Please use this Registration Form or email information to Bill McBride at email@example.com.
2. All Venders must have an Extravaganza ID number. Upon receipt of your registration, McBride will contact you with your ID number. If you haven’t heard from him, email McBride at (firstname.lastname@example.org) to obtain this number. All emails should have this request in the subject line. This number will be used in tabulating and crediting sales for each vendor.
3. Plants must be disease, insect, fungus free and potting materials should be clean and free of weeds. Wooden mounting pieces should be clean of wood shavings and foreign materials. All water should be removed before entering Hotel.
4. Only bromeliad-related items can be sold.
5. All plants, including bare root specimens MUST have two tags on them, one will have the full name of the plant on them and will remain with the plant. The second tag will have price clearly marked in whole dollar amounts AND the vendor’s number which will be removed by the cashier at time of sale.
6. Sales receipts will be split with 80% to the vendor and 20% to FECBS. Sales tax will be collected by the cashier. Patrons can pay by credit card, cash, or check.
7. Bromeliad related items such as t-shirts, bromeliad crafts and applicable art may either have one tag with the vendor’s number and price which will be removed by the cashier or two tags, with one showing the vendor’s number and price – easily removed by the cashier. Please do not staple or otherwise permanently attach a single tag that can not be removed.
8. Vendors should set up by Friday evening on the 4th to be ready for sales on Saturday morning. Sales will be open to all registrants at 9 AM and to the general public at 10 AM on Saturday. All materials must be removed by 9 AM on Sunday, November 6th.
9. FECBS shall not be responsible for loss of plants or craft items. Reasonable efforts will be taken to ensure security. Admittance to the sales room will be monitored and security will be provided overnight.
10. Venders are requested to donate a bromeliad or related item of at least a $20value for the Florida Council of Bromeliad Societies rare plant auction.
11. Commercial use of photographs taken at the Extravaganza is prohibited without express permission from FECBS.